ຄວາມສຳເລັດໃນການເຈລະຈາສັນຕິພາບຄັ້ງຈະມາ ລະຫວ່າງລັດຖະບານໄທແລະພວກກະບົດໃນເຂດພາກໃຕ້ ແມ່ນຍັງມີຄວາມສົງໄສກັນຢູ່ ຫຼັງຈາກໄດ້ມີການວາງລະເບີດເມື່ອໄວໆມານີ້ ທີ່ມີການຖິ້ມໂທດໃສ່ພວກກະບົດ.
ລົດໂຮງໝໍຄັນນຶ່ງ ທີ່ຖືກລັກໄປ ຊຶ່ງໄດ້ບັນຈຸດິນລະເບີດ 80 ກິໂລ ໄດ້ແຕກຂຶ້ນຢູ່ທາງເຂົ້າໂຮງແຮມ Southern View ທີ່ເມືອງຕາກອາກາດແຄມທະເລ ໃນຈັງຫວັດປັດຕະນີເມື່ອວັນອັງຄານຜ່ານມານີ້ ທີ່ໄດ້ສັງຫານແມ່ຍິງອາຍຸ 35 ປີຄົນນຶ່ງ ແລະເຮັດໃຫ້ອີກ 40 ບາດເຈັບ. ຜູ້ເຄາະຮ້າຍຄົນທີສອງໄດ້ເສຍຊີວິດໃນວັນສຸກວານນີ້ຍ້ອນທົນຕໍ່ພິດບາດແຜບໍ່ໄດ້.
ໃນເດືອນສິງຫາຜ່ານມາ ໄດ້ມີການໂຈມຕີ ທີ່ຫົວຫີນ ສຸຣາດທານີ້ ພູເກັດ ແລະ ຕຣັງ
ການໂຈມຕີທີ່ສົງໄສວ່າເປັນນ້ຳມືຂອງພວກກະບົດໃນເຂດພາກໃຕ້ ໄດ້ມີຂຶ້ນຫຼັງຈາກການ ວາງລະເບີດແລະການວາງເພີງທີ່ມີມາເປັນລຳດັບ ໃສ່ບ່ອນຕາກອາ ກາດທີ່ໄດ້ຮັບຄວາມນິຍົມ ໃນເຂດພາກໃຕ້ ຕອນກາງຂອງໄທ ທີ່ເຮັດໃຫ້ມີຜູ້ເສຍຊີວິດ 4 ຄົນ ແລະບາດເຈັບ ຫຼາຍກວ່າ 30 ຄົນນັ້ນ. ແຕ່ການໂຈມຕີໃນວັນທີ 12 ສິງຫາ ທີ່ເມືອງຕາກອາກາດຫົວຫີນ ຊຶ່ງຕັ້ງຫ່າງຈາກບາງກອກພຽງແຕ່ 200 ກິໂລແມັດນັ້ນ ໄດ້ກໍ່ໃຫ້ເກີດມີຄວາມວິຕົກກັງວົນ ກ່ຽວກັບການຫັນປ່ຽນກົນລະຍຸດ ຂອງພວກກະບົດ ເພື່ອທຳການໂຈມຕີ ຢູ່ນອກເຂດຈັງ ຫວັດຊາຍແດນພາກໃຕ້ຂອງໄທ.
ລັດຖະບານໄທໄດ້ອ້າງເອົາຄວາມສຳເລັດຈຳນວນນຶ່ງ ໃນການຫລຸດຜ່ອນການກໍ່ຄວາມຮຸນແຮງຂອງພວກກະບົດລົງຢູ່ໃນບັນດາຈັງຫວັດພາກໃຕ້ທີ່ປະກອບດ້ວຍ ຢະລາ ນະຣາ ທິວາດ ປັດຕະນີ ແລະສົງຂລາ.
ແຕ່ທ່ານປະກອນ ປຣີຍະກອນ ສະມາຊິກຄະນະບໍລິຫານຂອງສູນກາງມຸສລິມໃນປະເທດໄທກ່າວວ່າ ຄວາມຮຸນແຮງເມື່ອໄວໆມານີ້ໄດ້ກໍ່ໃຫ້ເກີດຄວາມບໍ່ແນ່ນອນຂຶ້ນໂດຍພາໃຫ້ມີຄວາມສົງໄສບໍ່ແນ່ໃຈກ່ຽວກັບໂອກາດໃນການທີ່ຈະປະສົບກັບຄວາມກ້າວໜ້າໃນການເຈ ລະຈາສັນຕິພາບ.
The success of upcoming peace talks between the Thai government and southern insurgents has been cast in doubt following recent bombings blamed on the insurgents.
A stolen ambulance truck packed with 80 kilograms of explosives detonated at the entrance way of the Southern View Hotel in the Thai seaside town of Pattani province Tuesday, killing a 35-year-old woman and wounding 40 others. A second victim died Friday from injuries sustained in the blast.
The attack by suspected southern insurgents followed a series of bombings and arsons that struck popular beach resorts in central-southern Thailand, leaving four dead and over 30 injured. But the August 12 attacks, including in the beach side town of Hua Hin, just 200 kilometers south of Bangkok, raised concerns of a tactical shift by insurgents to conduct attacks outside Thailand's southern border provinces.
The Thai government has been claiming some success in reducing insurgent violence in the Southern border provinces of Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, and Songkhla.
But Pakorn Preeyakorn, an executive member of the Islamic Center of Thailand, said the recent violence has created new uncertainties, leaving in doubt the prospects for progress in peace talks.
Pakorn said until the August 12 bombings, it appeared most [insurgent] groups wanted to sit and negotiate. "I don't understand the movement of this violence. As the government says this is a new situation, not like before," he said.
Peace talks between officials and representatives of a southern separatist umbrella group, MARA Patani, have been scheduled to take place on September 2.
But Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan told local media the government would not make any peace deals as long as violence persists. Prawit also recommended a special frontline' cabinet be set up to deal with the renewed violence.
Human Rights lawyer Somchai Homlaor said the return to talks marks a reversal of the government policy regarding the southern border insurgency.
Somchai said until the August 12 bombings, the military was confident its tough security measures over the past two years had been successful.
"So they even stopped the peace process. And because of this top down policy they stop to engage or involve different sectors in the South to participate in the peace process, to participate in monitoring or implementing the security policy," he said.
Thailand's southern border provinces have been wracked by a Muslim separatist insurgency that has claimed over 6,500 lives and injured thousands since violence was rekindled in January 2004.
The insurgency is calling for at greater autonomy from the Thai state, calls the central government has consistently rejected.
Islamic Center of Thailand's Pakorn said the government should press ahead with the peace talks.
"In my view the peace negotiations have to be going on; that is one thing, the best thing the government should do," he said.
"But it seems to me the party concerned on the opposite side, I don't know exactly who should play a significant role in the negotiation process because we don't really know who is [behind] the sort of violence at the moment," Pakorn said.
The New York-based Human Rights Watch's Asia director, Brad Adams, condemned the renewed violence,saying the insurgents showed "incredible depravity towards civilians," amounting to crimes against humanity.
But rights activists have also claimed a harder line policy by the military including charges of human rights abuses in dealing with the Southern insurgency has also undermined the progress.
A report co-authored by Pornpen Khongkachoniet, director of the rights group Cross Cultural Foundation, as well as Somchai Homlaor, alleged more than 50 detainees in military detention had been tortured or faced abuse. They are being sued by the military for defamation.
But Somchai said the military must give human rights a greater priority in order to succeed in reducing violence in the southern provinces.
"We believe that the conflict in the South cannot be solved or the peace in the South cannot be rebuilt without respect of the human rights. This is a must," he said.
He said by addressing the charges of rights abuses,the government would be better placed to "win the hearts of the people in the South."